We deliver the highest quality state-wide budgetary, management, and information services by promoting and providing the most effective use of public resources, consistent with state law and the objectives of the administration.
We strive always to be the best budget office in the nation.
OSBM is organized into sections encompassing budgeting, management, demographics and economics, data services and IT, and HR.
View a detailed list of OSBM Services.
- Competence -- We develop and maintain skills and resources to reliably offer excellent professional services.
- Integrity -- We exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in all aspects of our work.
- Perseverance and hard work -- We make the extra effort to accomplish difficult tasks, and we follow through until the tasks are completed.
- Objectivity -- We make unbiased decisions based on facts.
- Honesty -- We relay the truth to customers and stakeholders.
- Service -- We are dedicated to serving the citizens of North Carolina.
- Effective Communication -- We communicate internally and externally in transparent, direct ways that are consistent with our other values. We value opportunities to learn from one another and to share ideas.
- Flexibility -- We willingly modify priorities and activities as unanticipated situations and customer needs change.
- Loyalty -- We are faithful and committed to the law and to the Office of the Governor.
- Relationship building -- We strive to build mutual trust and sharing within the office and we value and cultivate our relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Innovation -- We look for ways to improve ourselves and our business processes, and to help our customers achieve their business objectives.
- Accuracy – We strive for complete accuracy in all our work.
- Professionalism – We are committed to developing and exhibiting skill, expertise, and knowledge in our subject matter areas.
- Respect – We admire and hold in high esteem our clients, coworkers, and other contacts in our mutual use of the laws, rules, and regulations that control NCís budgeting and finance systems.
- Accountability – We believe that we are individually and collectively answerable to the public for our actions in carrying out our duties and responsibilities.