Organization of Statewide Budgeting
Statewide Budgeting is responsible for maintaining summary budget information across all operating and capital budget sections and for ensuring proper financial balances government-wide.
Statewide Budgeting also provides the following services:
- Coordinating and preparing consolidated schedules of the governor’s budget for distribution to the General Assembly
- Liaison with the General Assembly’s Fiscal Research Division to reconcile final certified budget with the appropriations bill
- Monitoring the allocation of statewide reserves to agencies and universities
- Liaison with the Office of State Controller, State Treasurer, and Fiscal Research Division on statewide budget issues
- Developing and maintaining schedules on disaster-related and budget shortfall activities
- Responding to surveys from various organizations that require state budget data
Clients – General Assembly, Office of the State Controller, State Treasurer, other federal and state entities, and citizens.
Staff – Statewide Budgeting requires staff to have expert experience in the development and administration of the state budget and accounting principles.